- You demonstrate great technical skills
- You demonstrate great skills in time management, can set priorities and take initiatives - You are precise, well-organised and responsible
- You are communicative and like to work within a team
- You have at least a category B driving licence
- You have knowledge of common computer software
- Good knowledge of Dutch, English and French is required
- You have at least three years of experience in a similar function
- You are willing to travel
Galerie Pierre Marie Giraud is looking for an Art Handler / Coordinator to play a significant role in both the gallery’s organisation of installations and dismantling exhibitions, as well as shipments and their coordination. The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator and demonstrates great technical skills. This individual must be detail-oriented, well-organised and service minded.
A steady weekly work schedule of three to four days a week through SMART contracts (https://smartbe.be/) or a freelance contract on an indefinite duration. The position requires flexibility. Your position will allow you to face new challenges on a weekly basis in a dynamic and successful company in the field of decorative arts and design.
You will be responsible for:
- The regular management of the gallery warehouse
- The setup and dismantling of exhibitions at the gallery and at art fairs abroad
- The reception and condition check of artworks
- The crating and packaging of fragile objects
- The delivery and installation of artworks at clients
- The general maintenance of infrastructure and equipment
As a coordinator within this team:
- You attend to the work schedule of the gallery team you are a part of
- You attend to the warehouse management, the completion of the technical files and the updating of the common agenda
- You liaise with and report to gallery staff regarding the organisation of pickups, deliveries, errands, maintenance etc.
- You schedule and monitor pickups, deliveries, errands, and maintenance with external art handlers and other suppliers