- You are strategically strong and want to work at the top of the design market, globally.
- You are creative and playful in your use of language, both verbally and written.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and have experience with sales.
- You are energetic, creative, but also detail-oriented.
- You are flexible in your approach to working hours: our customers tend to be mostly available in the evenings and on the weekends.
- You are skilled in at least one foreign language, English is a must, any additional languages a plus.
- You are hugely passionate and curious about the world of art and design.
- You have experience with social media (especially Instagram) and CRM systems.
- You have achieved at least a higher professional education (HBO/WO) or similar.
We are MORENTZ, a fast-growing international gallery specialized in collectible design of the twentieth century. We are located in a monumental historic building from the 1930s which was once used as a shoe factory. Over the past 14 years, MORENTZ has been able to build one of the most extensive collections of international 20th century design. Each piece of design is carefully selected, checked for condition, restored and researched. Subsequently, pieces are offered for sale via our gallery space as well as our international (online) sale channels.
Our customers are leading interior designers, architects, private collectors, museums, and general design enthusiasts from all over the world who, just like us, are looking for unique and extraordinary pieces. With our extensive team of approx. 50 experts (craftsmen, art historians, photographers, graphic designers, design specialists) we are always willing to go the extra mile to provide our customers with an excellent customer service journey in their quest for their new favourite design icons. To actualize this ambition relationship management is key. Our close-knit team of enthusiastic sales advisors is in touch with our international client base on a daily basis. New design pieces are also added to the collection every day. These do not only deserve your attention but should also constantly be flagged to suitable clients and design aficionados. You work amidst the collection and as such are constantly surrounded by the best art furniture items from the past century.
As we are growing rapidly and want to ensure our clients receive the attention they deserve, we are looking for Sales Advisors (20th-century design/art) to enhance our team. You love design -you don’t have to be a connoisseur yet- but you are curious to find out more about our industry, our collection, and our clients. And most importantly, you cannot wait to show us your talents.
What we offer
A challenging and rewarding sales role with a focus on excellent client service: inspiring and advising our clients. A role which directly impacts the success of an ambitious and flourishing company which belongs to the absolute top of the international collectible design market. MORENTZ is dynamic and energetic. You will be working with enthusiastic colleagues who will share your passion for 20th-century design and art. We offer a highly competitive salary with additional benefits. This role is 40 hours per week. We love to see our new talents start sooner rather than later.
At MORENTZ we have an open office culture in which everyone is easily approachable. We strongly believe in teamwork and in helping each other out when needed. We are young, diverse, enthusiastic and above all collegial. You can truly be yourself; we judge people only on their talents. We work hard every day driven by our shared passion for 20th century design. Within our unique start-up culture, we acknowledge what is really important and that is our team. A healthy lunch will be provided every day, and our team building days (twice a year) are unparalleled.
- Helping interior designers, architects, collectors and design lovers around the world to realize their projects and dreams: creating a selection, sourcing pieces and providing them with a unique MORENTZ customer experience.
- Ensuring our clients are satisfied happy with their acquisition of an extraordinary product.
- Understanding the underlying concern behind an apparently simple question and paying attention to resolving it.
- Expanding our client portfolio, both nationally and internationally, and growing those relationships.
- Advising and assisting with marketing endeavors.
- To be the link between our restoration and upholstery ateliers and our clients.
- Providing excellent client service to our customers online via Instagram, 1stDibs, Artsy, Whatsapp and our own website.
- Providing excellent client service to our customers offline via the showroom, on-site visits (clients homes) or via international art fairs.