We are looking for a part-time senior communication officer to promote the activities of argos centre for audiovisual arts, an institution and resource for the presentation, distribution, and conservation of critical audiovisual arts.
argos considers the audiovisual as a primary means of looking at and understanding the
world in more open and integrated ways. Supporting a multiplicity of voices in society,
it fosters dialogue with a broad range of institutional and non-institutional partners,
both in Brussels and beyond, and seeks new ways to engage diverse audiences.
You are responsible for the continuous renewal of the argos communication channels and strategies. In consultation with the team, you develop communication plans to promote exhibitions, screenings, lectures, workshops, debates and the like. It involves setting general objectives, defining target groups, developing communication tools tailored to press and audiences. You work with your own budget and plan moments to evaluate and adjust accordingly.
You conduct relevant research, develop, coordinate, and implement projects in line with the priorities and guidelines set with the argos team.
- You write all the statements yourself, as much as possible, and consult with involved parties. You set the deadlines, organise deliverables and collect all materials in due time. You manage the website and the newsletters, and you’re responsible for editing both in three languages.
- You work in close collaboration with the digital media collaborator, the external graphic designers, freelancers and other partners. You support your colleagues of the Publics & Events team in their audience development and other initiatives.
- You manage and maintain the press file and you make it a priority to keep channels open between journalists and team members.
- You keep an eye out for media sponsoring opportunities and promotional partnerships.
- university or college education or equivalent through experience
- trilingual (NL/FR/EN) or bilingual (EN / FR or NL) with a professional working proficiency in a third language
- driven, independent, and flexible
- excellent (copy)writing skills
- familiar with key principles for inclusive language use
- communicative, organisational talent, and a sense of initiative
- experience and/or affinity with the artistic sector and the cultural institutions in Belgium
- knowledge of the audiovisuals arts
- video and image editing experience is a plus
This is a part-time position (50%) with a permanent contract. We offer a competitive pay in line with the wage conditions for socio-cultural work PC 329.