About Sotheby’s: Established in 1744, Sotheby’s is the world’s premier destination for art and luxury. Synonymous with innovation, Sotheby’s promotes access, connoisseurship and preservation of fine art and rare objects through auctions, private sales and retail locations. www.sothebys.com
About Sotheby’s International Realty: Founded in 1976, the Sotheby's International Realty brand is a unique luxury network of brokerage agencies offering a wide collection of luxury homes, estates and properties for sale throughout the world. www.sothebysrealty.be
While the two structures are physically separated elsewhere in the world, they have been sharing the same building in Brussels since early May and are looking for a Gallery and Events Manager for their Belgian branch.
Planning and executing events and exhibitions, managing the gallery space.
- Development and organization of events and exhibitions.
- Client contacts, presentation of artworks/projects and sales.
- Targeting and elaboration of client files with the relevant departments.
- Elaboration of communication tools; invitations, presentations...
- Promotion of the gallery's activities (press contact, social networks, etc.)
- Logistics organization: caterer, florists and other service providers related to events/exhibitions management, hanging of artworks.
- Transport of artworks planning and tracking
- Marketing materials follow-up and coordination with suppliers: price inquiry, production and delivery. Meeting deadlines.
- Ensuring the check-in of clients during events
- Ensuring that the pre-established organization of events is followed.
- Analyzing client attendance at events.
- Expenditure control, costs supervision, compliance with stipulated budgets.
- Management of the gallery space.
- Implementing new marketing and events actions.
- Communicating with different internal parts.
- Respecting Sotheby's image.
- Trilingual (FR, EN, NL).
- Organized, autonomous and proactive with a sense of responsibility.
- Dynamic with a good sales contact.
- Knowledge about art and real estate.
- Good with respecting deadlines and remaining clam under pressure.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Temporary full time position, with possibility of extension of contract or permanent position.