Tatjana PietersTatjana Pieters is an Internationally operating Contemporary Art gallery with a focus on underrepresented practices.
Tatjana Pieters internship programme is known to provide hands on training in arts management and a comprehensive overview of gallery operations. Interns will have ample opportunities to spend time with the directors and the artists. We are committed to providing an insight into gallery administration, including: installation of exhibitions, press and marketing, overall administration, art handeling, audience development, programme planning and event management. During the installation of an exhibition the Intern will share responsibilities between assisting with the installation and the general administration of the office.
While the gallery is open the intern will spend some time as the first point of contact for our visitors. In this crucial role the intern takes on the important responsibility of engaging with the public and representing the organization.
1. A commitment to contemporary visual arts.
2. An interest in expanding knowledge and understanding of all aspects of gallery work: Organization, administration, clients, press and publicity work.
3. Able to commit to the role and show reliability and punctuality.
4. A good team worker, proactive and independent with a friendly manner.
5. Good verbal and written communication skills. (English and/or Dutch)
6. Basic computer skills, including experience of using Indesign, Photoshop, Excel, email programmes and the Internet (Experience of working with Mac computers is desirable)
7. Additionally, it would be desirable but not essential that there be some experience of being involved in Visual Arts projects or developing independent projects.
Contactpersoon: Marijke De RooverReageren voor: 01/03/2018
Application deadline: not specified Internship length: minimum 2 months, maximum 6 months (with a minimum of 3 working days a week) To apply for this position please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your relevant experience and reason for applying to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are encouraged from a broad and diverse background.